If you’re thinking of repairing, upgrading or transforming the flooring for your office space, you’re at the right place!
Whether your preferred flooring is the familiar carpet flooring Malaysia loves, the popular vinyl flooring or the up-and-coming popular SPC flooring, it’s important to first consider the nature of your business and their requirements. Style and design should always come second after the functional needs of your office!
In this article, let’s take a look at the common office flooring types, their pros and cons as well as where to find one of the best office flooring services in Malaysia.
Common Office Flooring Types And Their Pros & Cons
1) Carpet Flooring
Carpet flooring Malaysia have become increasingly popular in offices for their affordability and versatility. As the name suggests, carpet flooring Malaysia are pre-cut pieces of carpet that are designed to be directly installed onto the floor, just like porcelain tiles without the need for a subfloor.
The best benefit of carpet flooring Malaysia is the fact that the underlay is built-in, eliminating the need for a separate pad to be installed, and effectively reducing costs, labour and fast-tracking your schedule.
They are also extremely low maintenance and versatile, with damaged tiles easily and quickly removed to be cleaned or replaced.
- Quick And Easy To Install. pre-cut to size with a built-in underlay means carpet tiles are much faster and less difficult to install.
- Customisable Designs. unlimited design choices with the power to create your own pattern. Lay tiles in a standard or chequered manner, experiment until you find a visually pleasing design suited to your office.
- Easily Repaired. any stained or damaged pieces beyond repair can be quickly and easily replaced without affecting the rest of your flooring.
- Visible Seams. as carpet tiles are simply placed next to each other as opposed to being chemically bonded, seams will remain visually clear.
- Not As Soft Underfoot. built-in underlays may not be as cushioning as the separate padding used with broadloom carpet.
2) Vinyl Flooring
When it comes to visual appeal and authenticity, vinyl flooring is unmatched.
One of the main reasons why vinyl flooring has become such a popular choice in both residential and office spaces is that it can be printed to mimic a wide variety of materials, including natural hardwood, ceramic tiles, natural stone, and for half the cost.
Installed without seams, vinyl flooring provides greater protection against moisture penetrating the surface and entering the subfloor. For this reason, vinyl flooring is the perfect choice for an office within healthcare centres, day care centres, restaurants, schools or hospitality where there is high foot traffic or moisture.
- Water-resistant. Made with waterproof materials combined with a seamless finish, vinyl flooring is extremely water resistant and is perfect for water-prone offices.
- Comfortable. Soft underfoot and warm to touch, vinyl flooring is much more comfortable to stand on for long periods of time.
- Longevity. Well-maintained vinyl flooring can last up to 10 to 20 years.
- Affordable. Vinyl flooring is an affordable alternative to achieve a high-end finish.
- Low-maintenance. Can be cleaned with a simple sweep, vacuum or mop.
- Endless Design Possibilities. Thanks to modern printing technology, you can now get improved colour, clarity, textures and patterns which provide a more genuine and authentic feel.
- Difficult To Repair. If your vinyl flooring is severely damaged by a scratch, dent, water, gouge or a stain, your only option is to either replace the entire floor or remove the affected area and replace with a patch.
- Potential Discolouration. Low quality vinyl can become yellow overtime. It can also take place because of direct sunlight. However, good quality vinyl with a UV inhibitor can prevent sun damage and discolouration.
3) SPC Flooring
Otherwise known as stone-plastic-composite, SPC flooring options are growing in popularity thanks to their stylish look, affordability and practicality.
Stone plastic composite vinyl flooring is considered to be an upgraded version of engineered vinyl flooring. The difference between SPC flooring options and other types of vinyl flooring is its unique resilient core layer.
They are well-known for providing a stable base for each flooring plank. SPC flooring looks just like any other engineered vinyl floors, with the core completely hidden!
- Waterproof And Fireproof. One of the best aspects of SPC flooring is its waterproof and also fireproof nature – this makes SPC flooring a great choice for offices that are prone to moisture, such as offices for food establishments or laundry businesses. SPC flooring is also one of the best fire-resistant materials thanks to its stone-polymer composite.
- Easy Installation. SPC flooring is popular as you can place them on top of many different types of subfloors or existing flooring. Most designs for SPC flooring can be simply fit into place, eliminating the need for messy, complicated and potentially toxic glues.
- Comfort. The thick, stable bottom layers of each plank make SPC flooring much more cushioning than many other materials. These dense layers also contribute to a quieter footstep sounds.
- Easy Maintenance. SPC is also resistant to impacts, stains, scratches, and wear and tear. it’s a great choice for busy households because in addition to holding up well, it is easy to keep clean. Maintenance involves only regular vacuuming or sweeping and occasional mopping.
- Difficult Subfloor Preparation. Subfloor for SPC flooring should be levelled, smooth, free of dust and dirt before installation. This process requires you to put in some time and effort. This is due to the fact that any particles trapped underneath will cause lumps and bumps on the SPC surface. This will cause serious flooring issues over time and can even lead to rip and tear of SPC parts.
- Susceptible To Sharp Objects. Heavy furnitures, pet’s paws or any sharp objects will leave scratches and abrasion on SPC flooring surface easily.
Looking for an experienced and trusted contractor for office flooring services?
Regardless of your office size, shape or requirements, AY Office System can deliver the best office flooring services Malaysia has seen! Our decades of experience has ensured thousands of offices are installed with the flooring they’re 100% satisfied with.
With AY Office System, you can be assured that our expert contractors are well-equipped and experienced to bring the best service to your office’s flooring installation.